Black Friday Preparedness Deals 2017
Below are the preparedness Black Friday Deals that I recommend you consider investing in. Just click the “+” next to each category to learn more.
If you have questions, leave me a comment and I will get back to you!
If you know of other great deals, leave them in the comments and I will add them to the main body of the post!
All Simple Family Preparedness Products - Save 50% Wed - Mon
All of my products will be on sale for 50% off. This includes:
- Simple 72 Kits e-book– $4.99 instead of $9.99
- Simple 72 Hour Kits paperback book – $7.99 instead of $15.99
- Simply Delicious Food Storage e-book
- Fill-able Grab and Go Binder Pages – $1.99 instead of $3.99
The sale will last from Wednesday, November 22nd at 12:01 am MST – Monday, November 27th at 10:00 pm MST.
How to Shop
No coupon code needed. Once the sale has started on Wednesday, just click on the links in the list above (under “What”) to be taken to the product you are interested in and you should see the Black Friday sale price.
Sun Oven - Save up to $213 Tues 21st - Wed 29th
The Sun Oven is a fantastic way to cook without using any fuel. It can be even be used in the winter.
It will be on sale for $245 (retail price is $349) at a savings of $104 per oven.
The Sun Oven plus the Dehydrating and Preparedness Accessories Pkg will be on sale for $280 (retail price of $493) at a savings of $213 per package.
The sale will last from Tuesday, November 21st at 8:00 am MST – Wednesday, November 29th at 11:59 pm MST.
How to Shop
No coupon code needed. Once the sale has started on Tuesday, just click HERE and you should see the Black Friday sale price.
Food Rotation Systems - up to 56% off Wed - Mon
First-in-First out Food Rotation Systems are a great way to help keep your food storage organized and make sure you use the oldest stuff first.
Thrive Life has both their large, free standing systems and their smaller pantry sized systems that sit on an existing shelf on sale.
This price only happens twice a year (Black Friday and in the Spring).
The larger “Family Can Systems” are 75″ H x 25″ D x 36″ W and can hold tuna sized cans up to #10 (gallon) sized cans. They retail at $479.99, but are currently $249.99 (48% off)
Pantry Shelf Systems
The smaller “Cansolidator” systems some in various sizes. They retail from $34.99 – $62.99 and are currently on sale for $16.99 – $34.99 (45%-55% off). The Cansolidator Pantry is the best deal at $19.99 and 55% off.
This sale will last from Wednesday, November 22nd at 8:00 am MST – Monday, November 27th at 11:59 pm MST.
How To Shop:
No coupon code needed. Simply go HERE once the sale has started and you should see the Black Friday sale prices.
Honeyville - Save 30%-70% Now - Monday
Honeyville is putting 100+ items on sale for 30%-70% off.
While I don’t recommend getting regular ‘ol grains at Honeyville (they tend to be overpriced), they are a great place to get specialty grains.
I do not recommend getting freeze dried products here. Dehydrated products are okay though.
Here are a few highlights:
- 5 lbs of organic coconut flour: $7.89 (retails at $19.99)
- 5 lbs of yellow corn bran: $6.50 (retails at $14.99)
- 6 lbs of blanched almond flour: $34.59 (retails at $43.59)
- #10 can of 6 grain hot cereal – $6.59 (retails at $9.49)
- #10 can Dehydrated banana chips: $4.99 (retails at $9.99)
- 5 lb Fine Rice bran: $6 (retails at $14.99)
- 4.5 lb flax seeds: $7.99 (retails at $17.99)
- 4 lbs Granular erythritol: $16.49 (retails at $32.99)
- #10 can instant chocolate pudding: $7.15 (retails at $14.29)
- #10 can vanilla pudding: $6.60 (retails at $13.19)
- 100 ct 100cc oxygen absorbers: $5 (retails at $12.99)
- 50 ct 300cc oxygen absorbers: $6 (retails at $12.99)
- 1.7 lbs sunflower seeds: $4.99 (retails at $9.99)
- Walnut flour: $8 (retails at $19.99)
- Wheat Protein Isolate: $10 (retails at $19.99)
What NOT to get:
- Basic baking supplies (all purpose flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, etc). You can get these for less at Costco or the LDS Home Storage center.
- Freeze dried products. I just have not been impressed with the quality, though to be fair, I’ve only tried 10 or so products.
- Dry beans. They are less at the LDS Home Storage Center
- Just add water meals. Some of this is a personal preference, but they are crazy high in additives and just don’t taste good. If you must get just add water meals, get them at Thrive (expensive and shorter shelf life, but few additives) or Emergency Essentials (great price, still lots of additives, but better tasting)
Now – Monday, November 27th at 11:59 pm
How to Shop
Just click HERE for all the items that are a part of the sale. Enjoy!
Prepare My Life Planner - Save $40
The Prepare My Life Planner is two things:
- A complete step by step guide that walks you through creating an emergency preparedness plan for your family
- A high quality “grab and go” important documents binder complete with everything you need
It will be on sale for $99.95 (retail price is $139.95)
The sale will last from Friday, November 24th at 12:01 am – Monday, November 27th at 10:00 pm MST
How to Shop
No coupon code needed. Once the sale has started on Friday, just click HERE and you should see the $99.95 sale price.
Self Reliant School Courses and Bundles - up to 95% off Fri - Mon
Self Reliant School is run by Jenifer and Bill Ousch. They are two of my very favorite online friends. They are sincere, knowledgeable and “salt of the earth” type people.
They have a “school” full of courses they personally teach on all sorts of self-reliant skills.
They also offer a “Christmas gift bootcamp” where you can learn to make homemade Christmas gifts
And last, they have an online Summit full of self-reliant skills and preparedness classes from all sorts of online teachers.
Their Black Friday Sales link is not yet active, but I will post it here as soon as it is!
Their Black Friday sale will run from Friday, November 24th – Monday November 27th. The link to the sale will be active here by Friday, November 24th at 8:00 am MST
How to Shop
No coupon code needed. Just click HERE to see the Black Friday pricing.
Thrive Life Food Storage - Up to 50% off Now - Monday
The Thrive Life Black Friday Sale includes all of their food items – including all my favorite freeze dried items.
Items are on sale from 7%-50% off.
You can sign up to get an full guide to the Thrive Life Black Friday sale HERE (or if you have already signed up, you can log in to view it HERE) which will help you avoid things you shouldn’t get and focus on what is best for your family so you get the most out of the money you have to spend.
You can currently pre-order through this form. If you pre-order, I will place your order FOR you with Thrive Life on Tuesday, November 21st.
If you are a delivery customer (formerly called a Q customer), you can order beginning on Tuesday, November 21st at 8:00 am
Otherwise, the sale starts for the public on Wednesday, November 22nd at 8:00 am MST and ends Monday, November 27th at 11:59 pm MST
How to Shop
Once the sale officially starts on Wednesday, you can click HERE to shop.
Emergency Essentials - Thurs - Fri AND Monday
I have not yet seen all the items that will be on sale, but Emergency Essentials did provide me with a “sneak peek” which you can find as an image down below.
Note that in years past, their “doorbuster” were while supplies lasted and you could only get one. So, double check that. I do love that they are doing small $3-$7 pouches as their doorbusters – what a great way to sample some things!
I am most excited about:
- The Dura Rocket Stove
- The various Granola flavors
- The Flip Rechargers
Thrive vs Emergency Essentials?
Since I love Thrive so much, a lot of people ask me if I recommend the freeze dried food from Emergency Essentials. My answer is yes and no.
No because I think Thrive is far, far higher quality. It just is – they freeze dry their own food and it smells fresh and is brighter in color. Also, some (not all, but more than Thrive) of Emergency Essentials foods have preservatives in them.
But if Thrive wasn’t around, then Emergency Essentials would be next on my list. I don’t think you will ever get bad product from them. They have been in the industry forever and are a great company.
So, if they have something on sale that Thrive doesn’t and it is a product you really want, I’d consider getting it! Here are some products (just from the sneak peek) that will be less at Emergency Essentials on Black Friday:
- Freeze Dried Pineapple – $14.99 Doorbuster
- Chicken Dices (though these are pineapple flavor) – $24.99
- Green Peas – $9.99
There may be others once the sale officially starts!
The only thing I would NOT recommend is their milk. If you don’t want to invest in Thrive’s (which really is the best tasting), then go with the LDS Home Storage Center. It is much, much less.
Thursday, November 23rd at 6:00 pm MST – Friday, November 24th at 11:59 pm MST
And, Monday 12:00 am to 12:59 pm for Cyber Monday (thought the sales will be different)
How to Shop
No coupon code needed. Simply click HERE once the sale is active on Thursday.
The Sneak Peek: