In the past I’ve avoided buying food storage because I was afraid I would waste it. I had a good long term supply of grains & beans, and I used those items occasionally. However, I’d struggled to find a suitable way to store large amounts of fruits, vegetables, dairy, meat and oil for a long period of time. If I ever need to eat solely out of my food storage, I definitely want these items to be a part of that “insurance.”
- Canned fruits & veggies and meats taste like tin if you don’t use them with a year or two.
- The nutrient content of canned goods (not the calories) declines rapidly within the first few years.
- Oils can go bad within just a few months to a year (still works, but tastes rancid), so storing an entire years supply is tough.
- The only dairy I’ve found that stores long term is dried milk. What about butter, sour cream, and cheese etc?
- THRIVE Life (formerly Shelf Reliance) products (including meat, eggs, fruits & veggies, cheese, sour cream, shortening, butter, etc) will last 5-25 years!
- THRIVE Life (formerly Shelf Reliance) holds the packaging of their foods to a higher standard than anyone in the industry. Everything is done in house with the absolute highest quality products available. This means food that will last longer and be less prone to rodent and insect infestation.
- Shelf Reliance also provides shelving units that make it easy for you to organize, rotate and use your oldest food first.