In the past I’ve avoided buying food storage because it didn’t seem very well rounded to me. When I thought of food storage, I thought of wheat, rice, beans, and powdered milk. The only way I could think of to store produce and meat was canned or dehydrated and those options don’t have many nutrients in them. If I ever had to live solely on my food storage, I would want it to be just as healthy as what I currently feed my family. This would be especially true if the reason we were living on food storage was b/c of some other large stress (natural disaster, job loss, medical bills etc).
- While wheat and rice and beans provide many nutrients and are very healthy, if that is all I have, my diet would still be very unbalanced and unhealthy over a long period of time.
- Canned and dried fruits and veggies have much lower nutrient content than the original product. This already low nutrient content declines very quickly.
- Even dried meats and fruits & veggies lose over 50% of their nutrients.
- Both canned and dried foods often have added salt, sugar, and preservatives.
- The freeze drying process that THRIVE Life (formerly Shelf Reliance) uses retains 80%-90% of a food’s nutrients, so it is the closet to fresh produce, meat and cheese that you can get.
- There is no added sugar, salt or other preservatives.
- THRIVE Life (formerly Shelf Reliance) holds the preparation of their foods to a higher standard than anyone in the industry. All food is prepared when at its prime. This means better, healthier food.
- You can get produce any time of year: even when it isn’t in season!