I’ve avoided buying food storage in the past because I was afraid I couldn’t afford it. I don’t want to go into debt for my food storage, but in order to purchase it, I will have to spend money!
THRIVE Life (formerly Shelf Reliance)’s Solutions:
- The usability of THRIVE foods makes these products less expensive than traditional food storage items. THRIVE foods are not something that sit in your basement…they can be used daily in your kitchen. They are so much more than emergency food storage! As such, in contrast to traditional food storage, they are not something you buy in addition to your normal groceries. They are something you buy instead of a portion of your normal groceries.
- Many THRIVE foods are actually cheaper than something equivalent at the grocery store. You can find that list here. Buy these items first as a way to reduce your grocery bill instead of spending more. While you may not be able to replace all your fruits, vegetables, shortening etc, you will be able to replace quite a bit. You can use the money you save to purchase other items that are more expensive (meat, cheese, wheat, entrees etc).
- By using THRIVE produce in your recipes in place of fresh produce, you will also save money. Because of their long shelf life, these products don’t go to waste. Think of how much money you waste each week throwing out vegetables and fruit that have gone bad before you could use them.
- When you buy your THRIVE Life (formerly Shelf Reliance) products through a consultant, you will save 5%-40% off the retail price (depending on the item)
- Each month, certain THRIVE foods are on sale for an amazing price (even lower than the regular discount you get by buying through a consultant). If you sign up for my email list, I will send you an email at the beginning of every month with a list of which products have been discounted.
- Buying THRIVE foods by the case (6 #10 cans) will save you an additional 5% per serving.
- Compared to other companies selling similar products, I’ve found Thrive to be one of the least expensive.
- Reducing what you are spending on other types of food will allow you to purchase more THRIVE foods and build your food storage much quicker.
- Never go to the grocery store without a list, and only buy what is on your list. Most people will save 15%-20% each week by following just this one rule.
- Eat out less. Commit to cooking a simple (remember those precut, precooked veggies and meat?) THRIVE meal instead of eating out just once a month. This saves my family of 5 $20-$25 or so.
- Use grocery coupons. You can easily save $10-$15 a week spending just 15-20 min. Learn how to save with grocery coupons here.
- Earning Free THRIVE products and / or commission:
- Host a THRIVE Life (formerly Shelf Reliance) party
- Become a THRIVE Life (formerly Shelf Reliance) Consultant