I’m thrilled to be able to offer a fun, big giveaway each month here at Simple Family Preparedness!
I know that working towards being better prepared isn’t always easy and takes sacrifices. Oftentimes, those sacrifices are financial. I’ve been truly blessed (yes, I see it as a blessing) through the THRIVE Life business opportunity. My goal through these monthly giveaways, as well as the weekly ones as part of the Survival Kit Series is to “pay that forward” just a bit!
This month, I will be giving away a fantastic THRIVE package: A 3 Month Veggie Supply!
Vegetables can be hard to store long term, especially if you want them to taste great and be healthy. These veggies are freeze dried and work great in soups, stews and casseroles. I even love eating the corn strait from the can! And all these veggies have a 25 year shelf life and the same nutrition as their fresh counterparts.
How to enter:
You must do two things to enter this giveaway:
- Leave a comment on this post on the blog and let me know what your favorite vegetable is! If for some reason you have trouble commenting, email me at [email protected] and I will comment for you. But please do try to comment on your own first. Just make sure you copy / paste the code and check the little box that says you are human!
- Make sure you are connected to me somehow: Follow me on facebook, subscribe to the blog in a reader or by email, or sign up for my THRIVE Life (formerly Shelf Reliance) specials updates. Yes, following me in at least one of these ways is mandatory. Why? Well, I don’t’ want this great gift to go to just anyone! I want it to go to one of you: my loyal readers / customers! I will check to make sure the winner is somehow connected to me. NOTE: Please do not leave a separate comment telling me how you follow me (although you can include it in your main comment if you want!) as it makes it hard to tally up the valid entries when the giveaway is over.
That’s it! Just take 30 seconds to connect with me and leave me a comment letting me know what your favorite vegetable is!
Want Extra Entries?
Sure! Why not? If you are willing to do a little more, you can have a few “extra” entries (up to four entries max (1 mandatory and three extra). Please do not leave more than 4 comments total as it makes it difficult to count eligible entries:
- Use the little facebook button at the bottom of this post in order to share this giveaway with your facebook friends. Then, leave me another comment (in addition to the one above) letting me know that you did so.
- Pick one of your favorite posts from my site (use the search function or navigation menus at the top to find one) and use the “P” button at the bottom of the post to pin it to pinterest. Then, leave me another comment (in addition to the one(s) above) letting me know that you did so.
- Email at least 10 people about this giveaway and / or my site. Then, leave me another comment (in addition to the one(s) above) letting me know that you did so.
- DO NOT comment more than 4 times total (once with your favorite vegetable, and up to three additional times for extra entries (facebook, pinteret or email)
- This will be shipped for free in the Continental US. If you live in Hawaii or Alaska, you will pay shipping. Prize is not available outside the US.
- You must enter by 7:00 pm Monday, June 3rd, 2013
- Other THRIVE Life (formerly Shelf Reliance) consultants are not eligible
- Winner will be announced by 8:00 pm Monday, June 3rd, 2013.
- No purchase necessary.
What’s up with this? It says 2013? I’m confused and feel really stupid!
Ok, I posted on Facebook, but doesn’t that create more competition?????
I just sent a link (via email) to all mu church friends. Oh, and a little message about this new site I just discovered.
I love this site and I just pinned it to my Food Storage board on Pinterest. The information on this site is wonderful.
My favorite vegetable is broccoli or cauliflower. I like them both pan fried or roasted with olive oil and plenty of diced garlic. I could easily be a vegetarian, and everything is roasted, grilled or cooked in a skillet with olive oil and garlic. Hmmmm…maybe garlic is my favorite.
My favorite way to prepare broccoli is to steam it then toss it in a bowl of chopped garlic drizzled with olive oil and a bit of coarse salt. What to do with the stems? Well, I slice them razor thin, sprinkle with a little salt, then squeeze lime juice over them. I munch on them while I’m cooking everything else, and it utilizes the whole stalk.
I’m new to storing. Heck, I’ve been trying for 30 years to build a food storage, but never had the extra it takes. I did manage to purchase a 500 gallon water storage tank at my local feed store. It sits up hill of the horses, so I can drain it a couple times a year. I just run a hose to the water troughs.
My favorite veggie changes a lot but I love corn!!! Thanks for the opportunity!!
I shared this post on facebook. I have lots of friends who would find this interesting.
I pinned the emergency note book post in my preparedness section. We are planning on doing your program for getting your bug out kit ready.
I like the corn you can eat it right out of the can and it’s so yummy. I love broccoli but I’m not sure how it will be in food storage form.
I like most vege’s –my favorite is asparagus, to cook with is bell peppers and onions… I would love to win this I am trying really hard to gather survival foods . Thanks for the chance. I get your E-Mails and love reading all you share.
Pinned this page to my “Get ready” board on Pinterest
Shared your awesome site on Facebook!
Love your site! My favorite veggie is Asparagus. Can’t get enough of it!
Pinned your article on “Why Store Food” to my ready or not board.