*Note – The links in this post are affiliate links meaning if you purchase after clicking on them, I will be given a small commission (at no additional cost to you). Learn more here about how I am (and am not) compensated, and thank you for your support of me and my family!
Fall is my favorite season. And if you’ve been following my blog for at least a year, you likely already know that since I say it again and again this time of year. I love the colors, the cooler air, the smells and the soups–oh the soups! There isn’t much I enjoy more during the fall (and winter) than a comforting bowl of homemade soup.
Soups are my absolute favorite way to use Thrive. With Thrive all my veggies are pre-washed, pre-peeled, and pre-chopped. I can throw together almost any soup I’m craving in 15 minutes or less…it is all the YUM without all the work! Pair it with this quick cornbread or these yummy rolls and life is good! Expect to see a few soup recipes from me over the next month or two! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
I’ll start with Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup because, well, who doesn’t love a good bowl of Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup?
Gather your ingredients:
Bring to a boil, then turn down heat at let simmer for 5 minutes:
Add noodles and let simmer until they are soft. I use the Country Pasta Homemade Style Egg Pasta from Costco, and I simmered them for about 8 minutes.
- 10 cups water
- 1 Tbs.p [url href=”https://simplefamilypreparedness.thrivelive.com/chicken-bouillon-1070.html”]chicken bouillon[/url]
- 1 1/2 cups favorite [url href=”https://simplefamilypreparedness.thrivelive.com/all-products/thrive-foods/vegetables.html” target=”_blank”]freeze dried veggies[/url]
- 1/3 cup [url href=”https://simplefamilypreparedness.thrivelive.com/freeze-dried-chopped-onions-1.html” target=”_blank”]freeze dried onion[/url]
- 1/4 cup [url href=”https://simplefamilypreparedness.thrivelive.com/carrot-dices-1.html” target=”_blank”]dehydrated carrots[/url]
- 1 cup [url href=”https://simplefamilypreparedness.thrivelive.com/freeze-dried-chopped-chicken.html” target=”_blank”]freeze dried chicken[/url]
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 3/4 cup [url href=”https://simplefamilypreparedness.thrivelive.com/veloute.html” target=”_blank”]veloute sauce powder[/url]
- 2/3 cup [url href=”https://simplefamilypreparedness.thrivelive.com/bechamel.html” target=”_blank”]bechamel sauce powder[/url]
- Add water, bouillon, veggies and chicken to pot.
- Bring to soft boil, then turn down heat and let simmer for 5 mintues
- Add noodles and let simmer until soft
- Add veloute and bechamel powders while whisking and simmer until soup is thick (about 2 minutes)
Want More Food Storage Recipes?
If you’d like more (family approved) 100% food storage recipes, I have a recipe book that you can find here or by clicking on the image below.