Note – The links in this post are affiliate links meaning if you purchase after clicking on them, I will be given a small commission (at no additional cost to you). Learn more here about how I am (and am not) compensated, and thank you for your support of me and my family!
I’ve already posted one tomato soup recipe on this blog, but I just have to post another! I found this recipe my “The Pioneer Woman Cooks” cookbook and made it a while ago almost exactly as it is in the cookbook. Everyone in our family fell in LOVE! I really do mean everyone. Me. My husband. My 4 year old boys. My 2 year old daughter. My 1 year old daughter. We all asked for seconds.
A few weeks later, I decided to give it a shot with 100% pantry items and see if it was still any good. I was THRILLED to find out that yes, we still loved it.
The original Sherried Tomato Soup recipe from Ree Drummond calls for Sherry wine, and it is the last ingredient added. I didn’t trust that all the alcohol would be cooked off, and we don’t drink any alcohol around here. So, the first time I made it, I substituted 3/4 cup apple juice + 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar for the 1 cup Sherry wine. When I made it the second time, I used THRIVE Orchard Apple drink instead of the apple juice. So, here it is, my Not-So Sherried Tomato Soup:
- 1 cup [url href=”https://simplefamilypreparedness.thrivelive.com/tomato-powder-1045.html”]tomato powder[/url]
- 7 cups warm water
- 1/2 cup [url href=”https://simplefamilypreparedness.thrivelive.com/freeze-dried-chopped-onions-3957.html”]freeze dried onion[/url]
- 2 cups [url href=”https://simplefamilypreparedness.thrivelive.com/tomato-dices-freeze-dried.html”]freeze dired tomato dices[/url]
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 Tbsp.[url href=”https://simplefamilypreparedness.thrivelive.com/chicken-bouillon-1097.html”]chicken bouillon[/url]
- 2 Tbsp. [url href=”https://simplefamilypreparedness.thrivelive.com/orchard-apple-5657.html”]THRIVE Orchard Apple drink powder[/url]
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- 6 Tbsp. [url href=”https://yourownhomestore.shelfreliance.com/instant-milk-1.html” target=”_blank”]THRIVE Instant Milk Powder [/url]
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Fill a large pot with 7 cups warm water.
- Whisk tomato powder into water.
- Add onion, tomato dices, sugar, and bouillon. Mix well.
- Add lots of freshly ground black pepper. Stir to combine, and heat almost to boiling.
- Add drink powder and vinegar, then parsley and basil.
- In a separate bowl, mix milk powder and 1 1/2 cups water until dissolved.
- Remove soup from heat, and slowly add the milk to the soup. Stir it all together.
- Top with a bit more black pepper and enjoy!
Want More Food Storage Recipes?
If you’d like more (family approved) 100% food storage recipes, I have a recipe book that you can find here or by clicking on the image below.