Note – The links in this post are affiliate links meaning if you purchase after clicking on them, I will be given a small commission (at no additional cost to you). Learn more here about how I am (and am not) compensated, and thank you for your support of me and my family!
I am in LOVE with quinoa lately. Dare I admit that I was just recently (about a year ago) introduced to it? I’m sure many of you are far more familiar with it than I, but I just LOVE it. I’m using it at least weekly, if not more often.
If you wanted (though I don’t recommend it), you can replace the quinoa with rice.
I’ve adapted this recipe from one I found over at Picky Palate back in January:
- ⅓ cup THRIVE freeze dried onion
- ½ cup THRIVE freeze dried celery
- ¼ cup THRIVE diced carrots
- ⅓ cup THRIVE mixed bell peppers
- 8 cups water
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup THRIVE freeze dried potato dices
- 1 cup THRIVE freeze dried chopped chicken (I used fresh shredded chicken in this picture, but have made it both ways)
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- Salt, black pepper, and garlic salt to taste
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (cook according to package direction minus 2-3 minutes)
- Mix all ingredients but quinoa, mustard, and seasonings and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Stir in cooked quinoa, mustard, salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Let sit for 2-3 minutes before serving.
- -10 servings
- **I also added some zuchini I had in the fridge that needed to be used up. I don't add it every time, but it was quite tasty.**
Want More Food Storage Recipes?
If you’d like more (family approved) 100% food storage recipes, I have a recipe book that you can find here or by clicking on the image below.