I am in LOVE with Quinoa lately. Dare I admit that I was just recently (about a year ago) introduced to it? I’m sure many of you are far more familiar with it than I, but I just LOVE it. I’m using it at least weekly, if not more often.
If you wanted (though I don’t recommend it), you can replace the Quinoa with Rice.
I’ve adapted this recipe from one I found over at Picky Palate back in January:
- 1/3 cup THRIVE freeze dried onion
- 1/2 cup THRIVE freeze dried celery
- 1/4 cup THRIVE diced carrots
- 1/3 cup THRIVE mixed bell peppers
- 8 cups water
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup THRIVE freeze dried potato dices
- 1 cup THRIVE freeze dried chopped chicken (I used fresh shredded chicken in this picture, but have made it both ways)
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- Salt, black pepper and Garlic Salt to taste
- 3 Cups cooked Quinoa (cook according to package direction minus 2-3 minutes)
Mix all ingredient but quinoa, mustard and seasonings and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 -15 minutes. Stir in cooked quinoa, mustard and salt, pepper and garlic salt. Let sit for 2-3 minutes before serving.
**I also added some zuchini I had in the fridge that needed to be used up. I don’t add it every time, but it was quite tasty.**