I get a lot of questions about THRIVE sour cream:
- Does it taste just like fresh?
- Is it as good as the THRIVE instant milk?
- What recipes have you used it in?
- How do I mix it?
Well, here are my thoughts: No, it doesn’t taste just like fresh sour cream like the THRIVE instant milk tastes just like real milk. It does have a slightly different taste to it. However, it is good. I have eaten it as a topping on my tacos, nachos, quesadillas etc.
I don’t like the recipe on the can. If you want a cup of sour cream, I suggest doing the following:
- Add one cup THRIVE sour cream powder to a bowl
- Add 2 T. HOT water as whisk until smooth.
- Continue to add HOT water 2 Tablespoons at a time until you’ve reached a consistency that is just slightly more runny than you’d like. (I usually end up adding about 8-10 Tablespoons water).
- Chill for at least 1 hour (it will thicken as it chills)