I love my banana bread recipe. I’ve worked at it for years and tweaked it to be just as I like it: moist, chewy, and flavorful. I’ve really been hoping it would turn out well with THRIVE ingredients. I decided to try it and see. The verdict:
Give it a try!
Note – The links in this post are affiliate links meaning if you purchase after clicking on them, I will be given a small commission (at no additional cost to you). Learn more here about how I am (and am not) compensated, and thank you for your support of me and my family!
- 2 cups all purpose or whole white wheat flour
- ¾ cup sugar (can replace with real maple syrup if you have it. It will make it moister.)
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2-2½ cups THRIVE freeze dried bananas
- ⅓ cup THRIVE sour cream powder
- 2 Tbsp. whole egg powder
- 6 Tbsp. THRIVE butter powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt together.
- Soak bananas in 2 cups water for 5-7 minutes. Drain excess water. Place bananas, egg powder, and ¼ c. water in blender and blend until smooth.
- Place banana mixture in bowl. Add sour cream powder, butter powder, vanilla, and the other ¼ c. water. Mix well.
- Fold in dry ingredients.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Makes one small loaf or 4 mini-loaves
Want More Food Storage Recipes?
If you’d like more (family approved) 100% food storage recipes, I have a recipe book that you can find here or by clicking on the image below.