I love this banana bread recipe. I’ve worked at it for a while and tweaked it to be just how I like it – moist, chewy, and flavorful.
I’ve really been hoping it would turn out well with THRIVE ingredients so it can be a true food storage banana bread recipe. I finally got it there, and am thrilled I have a recipe that will work in an emergency.
Moist Chewy Banana Bread Recipe
This recipe is made with mostly food storage ingredients from THRIVE.
- 2 cups all purpose or whole white wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar (can replace with real maple syrup if you have it. It will make it more moist)
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2-2 1/2 cups THRIVE freeze dried bananas
- 1/3 cup THRIVE sour cream powder
- 2 T. THRIVE whole egg powder
- 6 T. THRIVE butter powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking soda and salt together.
- Soak bananas in 2 cups water for 5-7 minutes then drain excess water.
- Place bananas, egg powder and 1/4 cup water in blender and blend until smooth.
- Place banana mixture in bowl and dd sour cream powder, butter powder, vanilla and the other 1/4 cup water.
- Mix well.
- Fold in dry ingredients.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Makes one small loaf or 4 mini-loaves