Today I want to tell you how to jump-start your car (by yourself) using a great new emergency preparedness product I recently learned about.
To give you a bit of background, I’m typically contacted at least a few times a month by companies that want me to promote their products. I turn 95% of them down. This website simply isn’t all about getting you to buy a gazillion products.
Only products I really trust, use, and would recommend to family and friends make it into my “store” as a service to my readers. My #1 purpose when I add things to my store is to help you as a reader know which products are worth the investment when and if you are ready to invest. It saves you from having to go test them all out yourself. So, I don’t just add any and all products that companies offer to pay me a commission for.
But recently, I was contacted by a long time, loyal reader of my blog named Greg. He wanted to tell me about a product he highly recommends: The Jump Start Plus
No products found.
Use the Jump Start Plus
He also quite generously offered to send me one that I could try out, experiment with, and learn how to jump-start my car with, before recommending it to my readers.
I decided to take him up on his offer based on the fact that he was a loyal reader and that this was a product I was sincerely interested in.
So, what is the Jump Start Plus?
Well, it is really just a battery. It holds power. Keep it charged up and you can use it to charge your electronic devices on the go or during a power outage. There are many products out there that will do this.
But what makes The Jump Start Plus unique is that it comes with a set of jumper cables that allow you to jump-start your own car!
The ability to jump-start your car without help…without another car is exciting to me!
- What if you are away from home when your car battery dies and don’t know anyone to help you jump it? Use the Jump Start Plus!
- What if you are the last to leave work late at night and you can’t start your car? Pull out your Jump Start Plus!
- What if you just don’t want to be reliant on having another person/car nearby to jump your car and would rather just do it yourself? Get a Jump Start Plus!
- What if you live, or are traveling in a sketchy part of town and are nervous about asking someone to help you jump your dead car? Use your Jump Start Plus!
Jump Start Plus: 2022 Product Review
- The Jump Start Plus is super small! The actual battery is just 3″ x 5 1/4″ x 1/2″
- The Jump Start Plus can jump a 12V engine
- The Jump Start Plus will retain its charge for up to 3 months and includes a battery charge status indicator so you always know when it needs to be charged.
- The Jump Start Plus includes a 5VDC output for phones, tablets, etc as well as an LED flashlight with “SOS” and strobing functions:
No products found.
- The Jump Start Plus includes a 5VDC output for phones, tablets, etc. as well as an LED flashlight with “SOS” and strobing functions:
How to Jump-Start Your Car By Yourself (a Video):
To be honest, I was excited about this product, but also a bit skeptical. I wanted to make sure it really did what they were telling me it could. So, I tried it out in my own car. You can see a quick video below:
It worked! The lights came on right away! It was so fun and I was very pleasantly surprised at just how powerful that little battery really was.
Tips to Jump-Start Your Car
- You can keep the Jump Start Plus in your car, but make sure you charge it at least every 2-3 months. The mobile charger makes this simple to do. Just plug it in when you are driving!
- When using the Jump Start Plus to jump your car, make sure you connect the jumper cables to the battery BEFORE connecting to the Jump Start Plus.
- The jumper cables have reverse polarity and short circuit protection (the box with the green & red LEDs), which protect the user and the battery from overloading once the vehicle is started. This also means that it will prevent the Jump Start from providing power to the battery if the cables are connected incorrectly or insecurely. So, if you get a beeping sound and a flashing red light when you plug the (already connected to your battery) jumper cables into the Jump Start Plus, no worries! Simply unplug it, adjust the connection to your battery and try again. Once you get a green light you are good to go!
I think this is a fantastic little emergency preparedness tool and I’m very happy Greg reached out to let me know about it.
While I received one Jump Start Plus for free (Thank you Greg!) to experiment with and try out, I will be purchasing a 2nd one so that we can have one in each vehicle. I will also likely be getting one for those on our Christmas list this coming year.
No products found.
Last update on 2022-12-06 at 16:00 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API