Did you know that since 2004, September has been National Preparedness Month in the United States? September was chosen as National Preparedness Month, as the tragedies of September 11th, 2001 highlighted to the nation the importance of being prepared.
There will be lots going on all over the nation / internet! The first thing I would suggest you do is to join the National Preparedness Community which is part of FEMA. You will pledge to do something to better prepare your family this month and be able to attend events / classes in your region!
Each Monday during National Preparedness Month (September), I will post details about what I’m challenging myself to do that week.
Then the following Saturday I will followup and let you know how it went! I’d love for you to join me in my challenge each week and support each other with comments, suggestions and ideas! Here is what I’ve got planned:
September 2nd – 7th:
- Challenge Post: Water is the First Step: Do You Have Enough?
- Followup Post: Living Without Running Water: A Practical Guide
September 9th – 14th:
- Challenge Post: Cook with your Storage, plus a BIG Giveaway and a Great Sale
- Followup Post: Vegetable Barley Beef Soup
September 16th – 21st:
- Challenge Post: Living Without Power: Are You Ready?
- Followup Post: Living Without Electricity: A Hands on Experience
- Challenge Post: On the Move: 72 hr Kits If You Are Evacuated.