Begin keeping your eye out on all the things in the end of winter clearance sales – and ask yourself…can they help me be better prepared? What can I add to my emergency preparedness stockpile?
It’s January, and all across America, there are all sorts of clearance sales going on to get move out winter stock and prepare for next Christmas (joking, but only a little. Retailers are a wacky bunch!). While you’re looking at freezing temperatures and snow on the ground, retailers are already beginning to stock Valentine’s candy and gardening equipment.
Build Your Emergency Stockpile with End of Winter Clearance Items
- Coats and hats and gloves, Oh My! – we picked up a great workman’s coat from a local farm store for about 75% off the original price. It’s so warm, with tons of pockets, and we grabbed it not because we work on a ranch or in construction – we grabbed it because there may come a winter when our heating is out and we need extra protection, or we do have to be out during really awful weather and need to be warm! And for $22.75 – it was a HUGE bargain!
- Shoes – this is also the time of year many shoe retailers will be clearancing out big heavy winter boots and work boots to make room for summer products. This will also include socks.
- Hunting gear – We were at a large sporting goods store this weekend and couldn’t believe how much hunting gear they had out on clearance. And it was so inexpensive we were tempted to pick up a few things just because! Bib overalls, jackets, pants – so much camo!
- Includes Gloves, Scarf and Hat
- Scarf Length:52", Width:8.6". Hat Circumference:23.6",height:6.7"
- Soft feel fluffy hat perfectly prevent your head from the chilly wind.
- WARMTH: The ankle-high coverage is blanketed with toasty faux wool lining keeps your foot super warm, dry and...
- WATERTIGHT: These hi-top winter boots ensure all-day dry comfort by blocking rain, snow or any other liquid from...
- ANTISKID : Anti-slip rubber sole with an ergonomically molded, shock absorption performance cushioning separated...
- 5-Piece Ghillie Suit includes: jacket, hood, pants, gun wrap, and stuff sack with carry strap
- Easy On/Off: Elastic pant waist with drawstring; Elastic jacket cuffs; Adjustable chin strap in hood; Easy snap-closure...
- Stitched opening in ghillie pants and jacket allows access to pockets underneath
No products found.
- General Food – You might begin finding things on the clearance racks that are seasonal – especially pertaining to heavier foods, food storage and more. Always check the back sides of aisles in stores like Target, Walmart, and Meijers for those areas where they tuck away the food clearance items. Great bargains can be had.
- Food Storage Items – because it’s the end of the hunting season, you’ll need to keep your eye out for food storage items marketed towards winter storage: jerky equipment, food vacuum systems and the like. Sales trends show those sell more during the winter because of the hunting season and putting that food by. We saw seasonings and a few odd items at our local big box sporting goods store, but check out smaller stores who can’t carry that much stock year round – you’re bound to find some great bargains!
- Baking & Christmas deals – you might find a lot of post-Christmas foods available on deep discounts. Bulk food items purchased for Christmas and not eaten like party trays make great dehydratable choices for vegetables, and you can often freeze the cold cuts for later use. *Don’t forget to shop the non-food sections for clearance kitchens supplies!
- Heaters – everywhere we’ve gone, we’ve seen the portable heaters, patio/outdoor heaters, fireplaces and the such on clearance. No one wants to stock those things over the long summer break.
- Hand Warmers – seeing them EVERYWHERE. I used to think $1 each was a pretty good stock up price, but the .50 price we saw at a local sporting goods store this week had us tucking away about $15 worth!
- Snow Gear – snow blowers, shovels, and other snow removal gear will depend on if a store has room for storage until next year and can handle carrying that inventory on their books or if they want to get rid of it and order new. Take advantage of the HUGE price breaks on some great equipment.
- Winter Car Gear – this will include emergency car kits, and other implements to keep you warm and safe over winter. Except for ice scrapers which you may only need periodically, retailers forget these are great items to stock all year, and tend to do more during the winter. So check out your big box stores, DIY stores as well as auto shops for great bargains for your car.
- Gear Bags – you’ll find these can be quite seasonal just by color choices and size for what they think you’ll be carrying in the winter.
No products found.
- VERY FUNCTIONAL: These are heated, waterproof and wind resistant. They are designed with a well made heating function,...
- 3 LEVEL TEMPERATURE CONTROL BUTTON: this allows you to choose your favorite temperature setting at any time.
- 2PCS 7.4V BATTERIES INCLUDED: The combination of electronic technology and soft cotton material allows you to...
- Best Gifts Ideas Ever in Winter:This 4.5V heated gloves are best gifts ideas for Christmas,Father’s Day,Mother’s...
- ● Include 1 pair of heated gloves & 1 pair of battery box ( no battery included, battery box is suitable for AA...
- ● Heating area: back of hand and 5 fingers. Made of faux leather&cotton blended. Inlaid heating elements in gloves’...
- WIND-RESISTANT – Protective fabric paneling over face shields against the wind’s bite
- BREATH EASY – Align mesh panel over the mouth for optimal airflow
- HINGED DESIGN – Can be worn in 3 different ways: open face balaclava, neck gaiter or full ski mask
- Waterproof Protection - The outer shell of this men's ski jacket has a waterproof index of 10,000mm. The PU membrane can...
- Protect Yourself from Raging Winds - Don't let sharp and icy air currents stop you! This men's rain jacket is designed...
- Stay Warm & Cozy - Whether you're facing chilly, cold, or snowy winters, this men's ski jacket has got you covered. The...
- Winter bedding – this is the time to pick up heavy comforters, flannel sheets, blankets and other winter wear for your home.
- Window Treatments – heavy curtains, window films, and kits – those things used to help keep the cold out will now be clearanced to make room for those things that help cool you down!
- Home Items – paper plates, napkins, dishes, serving equipment – those things with snowflakes and snowmen may be great for a winter’s theme dinner, but think how great those things are stocked in your pantry for coming down-grid events. Wouldn’t it be awesome not to worry about finding water to wash with during the spring storms when power and water may be out in your area from tornado damage? Having all those really inexpensive snowman paper plates will REALLY come in handy!
- 3M Thinsulate Insulation: The gloves are insulated with warm and lightweight thinsulate 3m c40, which is thick enough to...
- Waterproof and Windproof Function: The composite three-layers softshell prevents cold wind and snows outside in riding...
- Wear Resistance: Soft full covered PU palm and reinforced rubber fingers ensures strong and flexiable hand grip in skis....
- THERMAL FABRICS: The neck warmer is made of super soft cationic fabric, it's breathable, absorbent, colorfast,...
- ONE SIZE FITS MOST PEOPLE: With 4-way stretch and an adjustable drawstring design, the winter neck gaiter fits any head...
- VERSATILE NECK GAITER: This longer and thicker neck gaiter is multifunctional, in cold weather, you can use it as neck...
Sleeping bags – even though retailers are gearing up for camping season, you’re likely to find the heavy-duty weather items clearancing out to make room for the more generic camping gear. We saw big savings on the really expensive deep winter sleeping bags at our local sporting goods stores over the weekend.
Winter gear – you’ll also see things like generators, camping clothes, ski clothing, boots, gloves, hats, and more, geared to the outdoor activities fans. Don’t forget to look to places like Cabelas, REI, Bass Pro Shop, and other outdoor/sporting equipment stores for these great buys.
No products found.
- Ski Boot Bag is roomy enough for boots, helmet, gear and apparel
- Ski bag is roomy enough for a pair of ski sand poles
- Ski bag is foam padded, cut-resistant fabric shiny silver glass fiber fabric lining to prevent the bag from being cut by...
- Easy to use electric throw with push button controller with 4 heat settings and 4-hour auto-shut off function for peace...
- Luxurious and ultra comfy royal mink with reverse sherpa material for added warmth and comfort in a stylish honey color
- 50" x 60" the ideal size to snuggle up in
- Easy to use electric throw with push button controller, with 4 heat settings and 4-hour auto-shut off function for peace...
- Comfy and cozy royal ultra material for added warmth and comfort, stylish red cabernet color
- 50" x 60", ideal size to snuggle up in
- Comfort shell is made of 100% Cotton
Keep an eye out for anything that might be marketed as a winter item – stores don’t like to keep anything out of season around, so are willing to let it all go at incredibly cheap prices! Last year we found fire logs at our grocery store for $1 and stocked up!
What will you be looking out for in your stores (or what have you already found?)
Use Sales Cycles to become better PREPared!
- Use Sales Cycles to Be Better Prepared
- Post-Valentine’s Day
- After Winter Sales
- End of Summer Sales
- Back to School Sales
- After Halloween Sales
- Thermaplus blackout product will block 100% of all incoming light.
- The layered properties create a hotel quality 100% true, total blackout environment while also providing absolute...
- Energy Efficient, Noise Reducing, Insulated, Thermal and Wrinkle Resistant
- READY MADE: Set includes 2 BLACKOUT CURTAINS PANELS of 42" wide x 63" length with 6 grommets top each. Quality fabric...
- SERVE WELL: Curtains impede 85%-99% light and UV rays(Dark color curtains work well). Noise-reducing, better TV viewing...
- ENERGY SMART: Triple weave blackout fabric balances room temperature by insulating against summer heat and winter chill....
- PHILBIN TEDDY BEAR: Philbin is a classic teddy bear with cute paw pad accents, a large muzzle, and a curious expression....
- SOFT & HUGGABLE: This adorable plush toy features surface-washable construction for easy cleaning and is made from a...
- THE PERFECT GIFT: Our plush dolls, teddy bears, and stuffed animals make perfect birthday gifts, baby shower gifts,...
- Mummy-style adult sleeping bag for camping in temperatures as low as 0 degrees Fahrenheit
- Can accommodate most people up to 6 feet 2 inches in height
- Semi-sculpted hood tightens with a drawstring to seal in heat
- Youth sleeping bag for camping in mild temperatures as low as 45°F
- Can accommodate children up to 5 feet 5 inches tall
- ThermoTech insulation and ComfortCuff help keep kids cozy
- Adult sleeping bag designed to keep you cozy in temperatures as low as 20 degrees F
- Suitable for most people with heights up to 6 feet 4 inches tall
- Fiberlock construction with a cotton cover and soft cotton flannel liner for maximum warmth and comfort
Photo credit: Nikolayhg
Last update on 2023-10-04 at 10:19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API