*Note – The links in this post are affiliate links meaning if you purchase after clicking on them, I will be given a small commission (at no additional cost to you). Learn more here about how I am (and am not) compensated, and thank you for your support of me and my family!
Is it starting to get a bit chilly where you are? It is here! It is nowhere near cold yet, but fall, with it’s dropping temperatures, is certainly here. And I LOVE it. This (sadly, very short where I live) season is my absolute favorite. The cooler weather has had me craving chili! I want something thick and hearty that warms me from the inside out. When we have chili, we also get to have golden, crumbly cornbread. Yuummm….
This thick and hearty chili is quick and easy to throw together as well as delicious! I’ve served it at chili cookoffs and been asked for the recipe. (-:
Let’s get started. Go gather your ingredients!
Sweat garlic for 30 seconds or so over medium high heat in 1 Tbsp. olive oil.
Add freeze dried meats and saute for 60-90 seconds until they start to brown just a bit.
Add water and all of the rest of the ingredients except the espagnole sauce. I like to add the spices first and whisk them in well before adding everything else.
Give it a good stir, and then bring to a soft boil over medium-high heat. Turn heat down to medium low, and let simmer for 10-12 minutes.
Add espagnole powder slowly while whisking. Let simmer and thicken well for about 3 minutes.
Let sit (it will thicken a bit more) for 2-3 minutes before serving.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. garlic
- ¾ c. Freeze Dried Ground Beef
- ¾ c. Freeze Dried Sausage
- 9 c. water
- 2 c. Instant Beans Red or Black)
- ½ c.Freeze Dried Green Chili Peppers
- ½ c. Dehydrated Onions
- ½ c. Freeze Dried Tomato Dices
- 2 Tbsp. Tomato Powder
- ½ Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ Tbsp. Thrive Chef Choice Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. Beef Bouillon
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. Worchestershire sauce
- ½ c. Thrive Espagnole Powder
- Sweat garlic for 30 seconds or so over medium high heat in 1 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Add freeze dried meats and sauté for 60-90 seconds until they start to brown just a bit.
- Add water and all of the rest of the ingredients except the espagnole powder. (Add the spices first and whisk them in well before adding everything else.)
- Give everything a good stir, and then bring to a soft boil over medium high heat. Turn heat down to medium-low, and let simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Add espagnole powder slowly while whisking.
- Let simmer and thicken well for about 3 minutes.
- Let sit (it will thicken a bit more) for 2-3 minutes before serving.
Want More Food Storage Recipes?
If you’d like more (family approved) 100% food storage recipes, I have a recipe book that you can find here or by clicking on the image below.