|Photo Credit: joyosity|
This soup was a total hit at my house last night. My husband isn’t usually a huge fan of soups, but he had three bowls. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture. So, I found the one that looks most like it on Flickr. Next time I make it, I will get a picture of the actual soup and change it out.
This was super easy and quick. We did top ours with bacon and green onions, but the soup itself can be made with 100% shelf stable ingredients.
Note – The links in this post are affiliate links meaning if you purchase after clicking on them, I will be given a small commission (at no additional cost to you). Learn more here about how I am (and am not) compensated, and thank you for your support of me and my family!
- 2 cups [url href=”https://simplefamilypreparedness.thrivelive.com/potato-dices-freeze-dried.html”]THRIVE freeze dried potato dices[/url]
- 1-2 Tbsp. (depending on how much onion you like) [url href=”https://simplefamilypreparedness.thrivelive.com/freeze-dried-chopped-onions-1.html”]THRIVE freeze dried chopped onions[/url]
- 1/3 cup [url href=”https://simplefamilypreparedness.thrivelive.com/catalogsearch/result/?order=relevance&dir=desc&q=celery”]THRIVE freeze dried celery[/url]
- 2 Tbsp. [url href=”https://simplefamilypreparedness.thrivelive.com/chicken-bouillon-1093.html”]chicken bouillon[/url]
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 7 cups water
- 1 cup water mixed with 1/4 cup [url href=”https://simplefamilypreparedness.thrivelive.com/instant-milk-1.html”]THRIVE instant milk powder[/url] and 3 Tbsp. [url href=”https://simplefamilypreparedness.thrivelive.com/white-flour-4211.html”]flour[/url]
- 2 cups [url href=”https://simplefamilypreparedness.thrivelive.com/shredded-cheddar-cheese.html”]THRIVE freeze dried cheddar cheese[/url]
- Top with (if not needing to be 100% shelf stable)
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon pieces (you could also replace this with [url href=”https://simplefamilypreparedness.thrivelive.com/bacon-tvp-3899.html”]bacon TVP[/url] or[url href=”https://simplefamilypreparedness.thrivelive.com/freeze-dried-diced-ham.html”]freeze dried Ham Dices[/url]if you wanted the meat but wanted to stay shelf stable)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Mix potatoes, onions, celery, boullion, parsley, and 7 cups water. Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add milk mixture and cheese. Let simmer for another 10 minutes.
Mix potatoes, onions, celery, boullion, parsley, and 7 cups water. Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add milk mixture and cheese. Let simmer for another 10 minutes.
This post is part of the Good Cheap Eats Dinner Party Link up.
Want More Food Storage Recipes?
If you’d like more (family approved) 100% food storage recipes, I have a recipe book that you can find here or by clicking on the image below.
The soup was excellent! Made it for my family during our social isolation.
This sounds like one I will be making soon.
Cheesy soup will always get my attention. This soup does sound delicious 🙂